The University of Arizona and Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona's Medicaid program, have an Intergovernmental Agreement to provide UArizona researchers the opportunity to conduct collaborative research based on accessibility to AHCCCS Medicaid Data.
The following data points are currently available:
- HCPCS_PROC (Medical procedures)
- NDC (Medication)
Requests for data can be made using the submittal form at the link below. Please note, there may be costs associated to your request ($79 per hour for data transformation).
Once submitted, your request will be put into a queue for processing and a CB2 member will contact you to review your request and provide an estimate of the work if necessary.
The Center for Biomedical Information & Statistics (CB2) is designated as the Honest Brokers for the project data (once approved) and are responsible for ensuring compliance with the data security safeguards including:
- Ensuring only authorized personnel have access to the data, including agents or subcontractors;
- Ensuring only secure servers and encrypted devices are used;
- Prohibiting the use of non-encrypted flash drives, CDs, external drives, smart phones, or other non-networked hard drives;
- Asking the research team to demonstrate compliance with data security protocols;
- Ensuring compliance with security breach protocols; and
- Ensuring data destruction at project termination.